How to Lose Weight on the Boiled Egg Diet?
There are so many diets on the market that can be extremely difficult and intimidating to find the right one for you. Moreover, a nutritional plan that is called “boiled egg diet” does not sound particularly appealing or efficient.
However, anybody that has tried this diet has experienced incredible results in a short time frame. And yes, boiled eggs can be tasty! Also, you will not be required to limit your everyday cooking ingredients to just boiled eggs.
This high-protein, low-calorie, low-carb diet is based on lean meat, fish, vegetables, and eggs. If you are not convinced yet, you should know that who tried it said that they managed to love just under 20 pounds in only 2 weeks!
Sounds effective, right?! Let’s have a look at how to get into this diet and how it all works.
So, How It Works?
While this diet can be considered quite strict, it is incredibly efficient if you are looking at finding a way to lose those extra kilos in a limited timeframe.
Moreover, if you have a deadline such as a party or wedding and you would like to fit in your dream dress, you should this can be an easy yet effective solution.
This diet focuses on the consumption of food that is low in calories and fat, but high in protein. Eggs have only 75 calories per piece, but they boast over 7 grams of protein and 5 grams of fat. Moreover, they are packed with vitamins and minerals that help to improve our overall health.
They can also be digested easily by anyone and contain carotenoids and essential amino acids. While losing weight quickly, by following this diet, you will become much stronger and healthier. Moreover, you will be able to see improvements in your immune system.
However, you should consider that this diet can be extremely restrictive and, just by changing your eating pattern once or twice, you can ruin the whole diet.
For example, one junk food meal or alcoholic beverages can slow down the process of losing weight, and you might not be able to see the results you were after.
What Is the Boiled Egg Diet?
A boiled egg diet is based on lean meat and fish, as well as vegetables. It needs to be followed strictly to see the results that this nutritional plan can yield.
While it can represent little sacrifice, bear in mind that this is only a short-term diet. Let’s have a look at what you should eat and what to avoid during this diet.
What to Introduce in Your Diet?
- Lean meat: chicken and turkey should be your preferred ingredients. While being delicious, they can be accompanied by some side dishes so that you can change your meals often.
- Lean fish: whole fish and fillets such as cod, haddock, pollock, flounder, halibut can be hugely beneficial for your health. They are rich in omega 3 fatty acids and incredibly low in fat.
- Low-carb vegetables: broccoli, kale, mushrooms, cauliflower are just some of the vegetables you can add to your meal to give it an extra touch of color and flavor.
- Boiled eggs
What to Avoid?
- Junk food
- Alcoholic beverages
- Fried foods
- Processed or fatty meat
- Sugary drinks
You Might Also Like:
We have already seen that this diet should only be short term as it is quite restrictive. However, to see the desired results, you should:
- Have only 3 meals per day
- Avoid snacking and eating in between meals
- Drink only water, tea, and coffee.
- Keep your meals simple, with just a lean protein, vegetables, and fruit.
Pros and Cons of the Diet
- You can lose weight quickly
- It is strict, but short term.
- The ingredients you can eat are all healthy options.
- Avoiding junk food and sugary beverages can have other benefits to your diet.
- Losing weight quickly and gaining it again after the diet can be unhealthy.
- You might be bored as the choice of what you could eat can be limited.
Would You Like to Start A Boiled Egg Diet?
It is normal to have doubts about whether this specific diet is the right one for you. However, you should know that it can be easily modified to adapt to the tastes and preferences of different users.
If you are still not sure, but you think this could be an excellent way to lose those couple of extra kilos, speak to your nutritionist and check how you can modify this nutritional plan to your preferences.
There are lots of different diets available, and many are just quickly passing trends. However, the boiled eggs’ diet is short-term, effective, and particularly healthy.
Want an easier diet for weight loss that works just as well (if not, better)?
How does The Smoothie Diet differ from the boiled egg diet?
The Smoothie Diet will allow you to get more plant-based nutrition which will give your body the nutrition it needs to burn fat quickly.
On the Boiled Egg Diet, it’s easy to overdo it and have too many calories if you’re not careful. So, The Smoothie Diet is much easier to follow because you will have the recipes and diet plan sorted for you.
Ready to try The Smoothie Diet now? Click here to get instant access.